- 1 egg + 2 whites, beaten together
- fresh peppers and onions (I used green and red peppers)
- leftover fajita vegetables (super-easy…sautee peppers and onions with taco seasoning until charred to a crisp..hehe)
- diced or sliced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
- hot sauce
- taco sauce
- toss fresh peppers and onions in a pan with leftover fajita veggies on medium heat. Add fresh tomatoes after a minute or so. They don’t need as long.
- when fresh veggies are still crunchy but have lost a little color, add eggs and scramble. When almost firm, add hot sauce to taste and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- serve topped with taco sauce and sour cream
Enjoy! It was so good that I licked the plate clean!
Oh yeah:). That’s been my breakfast this morning. I love omelets…they are probably my favorite egg food. Whenever I want a savory breakfast, you can bet that I’m doing something egg or omelet related. An omelet is an easy way to incorporate vegetables into your breakfast, and they are protein-packed and relatively low-calorie (as long as you don’t overdo it with the fillings).
This one contains the following ingredients:
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites and a splash of soymilk
- 1/2 cup sliced peppers (green, red, yellow)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese
- hot sauce (used liberally)
- about 2 tbsp fat free sour cream on top
It was GOOD!!
On the dockett today? A leisurely morning, then eating lunch at home, hitting the Wally World to check out the Dr. Scholl’s orthotics center, hitting the gym, and then coming home and making Sweet Potato Gnocchi!
Enjoy your Saturday!